509RE: [agile-usability] Could UI Engineering have lead to Wiki?

  • Jon Kern
    Sep 1, 2004
      Message
      i'll exhibit poor etiquette here by doing a cannonball into this long thread. (Been so busy i am 200+ unread posts behind... and the topic was a headline grabber :=)

      In some sense, I would argue that you cannot even ask this loaded (?) question -- unless, you pose it with a twist.

      If a business need requested the features and functions that a wiki exhibits, gave a hint at the users, and a glance at the budget, then I hope that UI engineering would have arrived at the simple solution that is a wiki, as ward knows it :=)

      1) If UI engineering would not have arrived at the wiki-like solution, then go and fix the engineering principles

      2) This might be a great test!

      Would UI engineering create Google?
      How about IM clients?
      I hope to Goodness it wouldn't create MS Word...

      3) Who says there wasn't UI engineering involved??

      Thanks for indulging my barging in post... Sorry if it repeats others'

      -- jon