4104Re: Online Usability Tests

  • patdaman999
    Mar 19 12:36 PM
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, William Pietri <william@...>
      wrote:

      > Todd Zaki Warfel wrote:
      > > On Mar 18, 2008, at 9:23 PM, William Pietri wrote:
      > >> Given that most everybody uses JavaScript these days, I suspect
      > >> one could also do some interesting things by capturing the event
      > >> stream and sending it back via AJAX. And I'd love to try to build
      > >> something that ties those events into snapshots taken via Flash's
      > >> webcam support.
      > >
      > > Seems like a lot more work than just watching a few people using it.
      >
      > Undeniable. But better data is sometimes worth more work.
      >
      > William

      This topic is very similar to my master research topic. Last May,
      many members of this community assisted me by filling out a web survey
      aimed at collecting requirements for a low fi prototyping tool. We
      (Frank Maurer and myself) have created a tool called ActiveStory which
      allows designers to create low fi wireframe prototypes via a tablet
      and deploy them to the internet. Usability test participants can then
      use the prototype and the system automatically collects data such as:
      the time spent on a page, the mouse trail of each user, and allows
      users to post comments on any page in the design. If anyone is
      interested in evaluating the tool I would greatly appreciate it.
      ActiveStory can be downloaded from
      http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~piwilson/research

      Thanks

      Patrick Wilson