4090Re: [agile-usability] Re: Online Usability Tests

  • Todd Zaki Warfel
    Mar 18, 2008

      On Mar 18, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Desilets, Alain wrote:

      This opened up a new Firefox window for me to do my work in. But for some reason, this window did not have any of the menus, and in particular, I could find no way to search within a page. I fiddled with this for a good 2 minutes until I eventually decided to just copy the URL to a different Firefox window (one that I opened myself).

      This is presumably something that would not be observable by your system.

      We just finished a study two weeks ago where one participant tried to enter their name and email address into a registration form. They typed in their first name (field), last name (field), email address (field), and password (field). The form returned an error message that they had an illegal character in their first name field and to try again.

      They tried three times. On the fourth time, they said "I wonder if it's not letting me put a space in." Yup, that was the problem. They couldn't get past the registration form. because the validation wouldn't allow spaces in the name fields (ironically, that means I wouldn't be able to register, as my last name has a space in it).

      Something on-line testing won't capture.

      Cheers!

      Todd Zaki Warfel
      President, Design Researcher
      Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
      Contact Info
      Voice: (215) 825-7423
      Email: todd@...
      In practice, they are not.