4083Re: [agile-usability] Re: Online Usability Tests

  • Todd Zaki Warfel
    Mar 17, 2008

      On Mar 16, 2008, at 10:48 PM, meszaros_susan wrote:

      Have you tried to work out the quality of information / quantity of information tradeoff? Is it better to have a broad user testing base (like your 1000) or a narrow base (say 5 - 7), and the cost of getting them (eg setting up the online test v. other more traditional methods)?

      Additionally, I wonder about the reliability of the data. W/o a moderator there, I'd expect a lot more participants just cranking through the tasks to try and get them done as quickly as possible rather than actually trying to perform the task as they would if they were at home or in their office (e.g. a typical environment and setting).

      It's like comparing a steak to a hamburger—both beef, but not at all the same experience or flavour.

      Cheers!

      Todd Zaki Warfel
      President, Design Researcher
      Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
      Contact Info
      Voice: (215) 825-7423
      Email: todd@...
      In practice, they are not.