4062Re: [agile-usability] Re: Leverage a small UX team?

  • Jon Dickinson
    Mar 10, 2008
      On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 06:10:46 -0000, Manish Pillewar
      <manish1022@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jon,
      > Your questions are of course valid from a designers
      > perspective.However,my comment have been from the
      > sales/business perspective. refer the first statement
      > in my email
      >
      > "> From a sales/business perspective:"
      >

      > Hope you see that perspective.
      > -Manish

      Hi Manesh,

      Are you talking about a situation where the business/sales goals are at
      odds with the goals of the rest of the team?

      If that is the case then there is a bigger problem than trying to reduce
      the feedback loop for usability testing. Although having stakeholders sit
      in on the usability tests, but not as part of the end of sprint demo might
      still help to address this.

      If there is a misalignment between the goals of the stakeholders and the
      implementation team then I would agree that this technique could cause
      issues. There would need to be a certain amount of trust and an open
      working relationship between the team and the stakeholders for this to
      work.

      Jon Dickinson
      Accolade Consulting Ltd.
      http://www.accolade-consulting.co.uk