3657RE: [agile-usability] Re: incrementing vs. iterating

    Aug 10, 2007
      > --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Desilets, Alain"
      > <alain.desilets@...> wrote:
      > > Do you find that as they work more and more on a true agile
      > > environment they start relaxing more (assuming of course that
      > > developpers ARE responsive to their requests for changes)?
      >
      > Sadly that "true" Agile environment seems to be hard to find lately.
      > As Agile has arrive at the other side of the chasm - I see
      > lots of companies adopting practices from Agile development,
      > but keeping their traditions software development lifecycle
      > values firmly in place.
      > Even when developers are happy to make changes, the project
      > manager often pushes back after realizing that this will have
      > impact on the project plan.
      >
      > It's tough to get everyone in a big team, particularly in
      > large organizations, to take their waterfall hat off.

      There are two ways to read what you said.

      Interpretation 1: Teams that started using Agile in the early days and
      did it right are still doing it right. It's the late adopters who are
      having difficulty taking off their waterfall hat.

      Interpreation 2: Even early adopters of Agile are now leaning back
      towards a more waterfall approach.

      I guess what you are seeing is interpretation 1, right? If so, I am not
      that surprised, although I would have thought that agile was so
      obviously effective that even late comers would "get it".

      Alain
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic