3656RE: [agile-usability] Re: incrementing vs. iterating

    Aug 10, 2007
      > > I'm a little puzzled by what you mean by this part of your post:
      > >
      > > > But, when I say working code - I mean working code that's
      > not much
      > > > better than a prototype. I don't mean releasable working
      > code. For
      > > > some it may be crystal clear - for others it all seems to
      > confusing
      > > > and ad hoc to live with
      > >
      > > Do you mean that for example, it's OK to produce code that is buggy
      > > while you are iterating in software?
      >
      > Nope - I mean that it's OK to produce software I wouldn't put
      > in front of the consumer. For instance I may leave field
      > validation, some optional fields, and some visual design
      > elements out of the first iteration - but definitely not out
      > of the release.

      This is very much in line about how I think about the code too.

      I make sure the code is good enough that I can send it out to test
      users. That means bug free, and doing something useful. But that does
      not mean that it can always be deployed in a real use setting. For
      example, often there is a new feature that I know it is too slow and
      would crumble under the weight of the traffic.

      Alain
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic