3653RE: [agile-usability] Re: incrementing vs. iterating

    Aug 10, 2007
      > One thing I do notice is that while agile developpers ARE
      > open to changes in terms of adding new functionality or
      > scenarios of use, they tend to be less open to changes in the
      > kind of "details" that makes the difference between a barely
      > usable system, and a system that is a pleasure to use. You
      > know, things like: this should be a picklist instead of a
      > text box type of thing.

      Actually, a better example is something like: "The list of images that
      the user needs to pick from should be displayed as a list of thumbnail
      images with the file name as opposed to just a list of file names, so
      that the user does not have to guess or remember what the image is from
      its file name".

      Lots of developers (including some agile ones) would see that change as
      an unimportant detail whose implementation cost outweighs the gains in
      ease of use.

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic