3300Re: [agile-usability] Introducing UX in an agile environment

  • Elizabeth Whitworth
    May 3 4:28 AM
      Dmitry,

      Lyn Miller has written some excellent papers on UX/UCD and Agile. e.g. Case Study of Customer Input For a Successful Product (PDF)

       - elizabeth

      On 5/2/07, Mark Schraad <mschraad@...> wrote:

      Dmitry,

      The article library at the agile alliance is a good place to start.

      I think that if you come at this from a design perspective, you might be disappointed. Most of the material covers processes where design research is non existent, and design as a discipline is minimized (at least by my standards). Instead, the actual design is threaded throughout the process. Most all of the proponents of the agile process are developers - and the decision making resides with developers in this process. I have, however. had some success with threading agile like attributes into a traditional process. A hybrid of RUP and agile if you will. The iterative sprints, scrum style meetings and overall collaborative team model to name a few.

      There are lots of smart folks on this board that can help. And, they will likely have a different take. Listen to them and decide for yourself what will work in transforming your process in your culture.

      Mark

      On May 1, 2007, at 7:58 PM, dmitry wrote:

      Hi all,

      I've recently started in a new role as the first user experience
      designer in a small company practicing an agile development process.
      I'm now working on an internal presentation to introduce UX principles
      within an agile context.

      So far, I've found a number of resources that aim to explain agile
      approaches to usability/design practitioners, but very little along
      the lines of explaining UX principles and practices to agile
      developers. Does anyone have any pointers they'd be willing to share?

      Thanks,

      Dmitry

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic