3259Re: [agile-usability] Looking for examples of frequent delivery

  • June Kim
    Mar 30, 2007
      2007/3/30, Jeff Patton <jpatton@...>:
      [snip]

      > If you work in a company that falls into this frequent release category, and
      [snip]

      I'm not sure if my client companies belong to this category.

      Decide yourself if my cases fit, and please contact me if you want
      more information.

      My usual project are used by more than at least tens of thousands of
      users. It reaches sometimes up to millions. In these cases, what I
      usually do is gradually increasing the number of users who will get to
      use the frequent releases.

      On one project, we did release after 3 to 4 months from the beginning,
      to a dozen of (pre-alpha?) users. They started to use the service from
      then, and we started to observe and gather feedbacks, while developing
      simultaneously. After one month the user base increased to a few
      hundreds, and after a couple of months again, it increased to more
      than a thousand. Most of the acculumated users are still using the
      system. It's more like a constant upgrade, and once in a couple of
      weeks a major upgrade. Users get real values from using the service
      since the first release(the amount of the value varies though). We
      learned quite a lot thanks to this feedback from real uses, early and
      often.

      Current project is more extreme. From the day 1(if we ignore the
      period for initial user research and planning) of development, we have
      released, and we are releasing almost daily, adapting the plan. We are
      actually adding values day by day. However, the user base is very
      small. Around a dozen. We intend to enlarge the size as we go on.

      June
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic