2194Re: [agile-usability] Personaes and Scenarios vs User Roles and User Tasks

  • Rick Evans
    Jul 13, 2006
      I do not find this to be true at all. For the last 2
      years I worked as UxD at a large financial company and
      was in charge of all of the internal call center
      applications. I worked with the business analysts and
      thru many contextual inquiry sessions of obsevring the
      users as they worked in their work environments, I
      created 5 different personas. I socialized the
      personas to all of the developers and we used them
      when dealing with new enhancements and to decide who
      should be selected for usability tests. I found the
      work of creating personas invaluable in forcing me to
      generalize the 100's of pages of notes I took from the
      user sessions. I would have done it whether anyone
      else ever looked at them or not. I do not find User
      Roles useful compared to personas.

      Rick Evans
      bhaktivani.com  ,  mergingcurrents.com
             attentive2design.com