1840RE: [agile-usability] Re: just one bug's enough to make a program useless

    Jan 3, 2006
      -- Alain:
      You forgot two important and very likely interventions in the
      conversation below. I insert them below.
      ---

      Customer: I undid twice and could not step back through edits.

      Team: That's not a bug it's a feature. (Try the History panel.)

      Customer: Okay, the bug is Undo isn't wired to History.

      Boss: There's a work-around. Ship it.

      -- Alain:
      At this point, the developper would probably say:

      Developper: Wait a minute... Wiring Ctrl-Z to History is just 1 hour of
      work on my part. And that includes testing, writing unit tests, and
      integrating into the main version. I could do it in my sleep!

      Boss: OK then, make it so.
      -----
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic