1798RE: [agile-usability] QWERTY, mouse, and novel input

  • Jade Ohlhauser
    Dec 7, 2005
      And here I thought you had stopped following this list, Robin :) *

      I think a challenge to this discussion is that the knowledge a lot of people desire is about the details. I personally believe it's not the big ideas that make the most difference on real world projects, it's the hundreds of little things.

      Let me put it another way. A while ago I was at the (good) CANUX conference in Banff (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/creativecanux/). There was various presentations on various subjects, but the ones that really stood out for me were the case studies. I saw their analysis studies, their interesting life-size cardboard personas covered in multi-color post-its, etc. To me those "facts" were more interesting and more useful than the academic arguments.

      Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for this list re: that.

      Anyway, Ron said:

      "... the hardest part of software development (in a team) isn't
      the technology, the architecture, or the interaction design: it's the
      people aspect of working in a team and working with those outside of
      the team proper."
      I agree, one topic I'd enjoy going into deeper is documentation. At our shop documentation and mockups/prototypes are a key part of the relationship between usability and development and the agileness of both. We started down this road with the wiki discussion. Anyone else?

      Jade Ohlhauser
      Product Manager
      RPM Software
      www.rpmsoftware.com 403-265-6727 x704

      * Disclaimer: we worked together for a year and a half, but it felt much longer (in a good way)