1026Re: user centered design overlaps with traditional analysis?

    Feb 3, 2005
      --- In agile-usability@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris@p...> wrote:
      > Accidentially sent it out.
      >
      > To finish my thought...
      >
      > Sometimes verbal is better than written. It depends. I saw
      artifacts hinder a project in terms of productivity, infighting and
      politics. Or the process was to deliver artifacts, not value.

      > Found things usually don't fail from a missing artifact. Usually
      because of communication - uncontrolled or lack of.

      Glad you finished your thought. Couldn't agree more. On my current
      agile project we document stuff we know about a story and post it on
      a wiki. Our expert users sit feet from us. We've noticed a problem
      where the expert user finds out an important piece of information,
      then updates the document to include it. Now folks have already read
      the document, and don't think to scan it for changes/revisions. At
      the end of the iteration when we've missed an important detail, and
      can see it right there in the document, our first thought is "why
      didn't we just talk about this?" The artifact was present - but gave
      folks a false sense of security.

      thanks for your post.