Req: Speed comparison please - Selenium RC vs WebDriver

  • Mark Pawelek
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
      Can anybody give me their estimates of a comparison for tests running times against Selenium RC vs. Selenium WebDriver ?

      E.g. If 150 UAT tests take 4 minutes using RobotFramework (Selenium RC), what improvement can I expect using:
      a) GEB or SpecFlow calling Selenium WebDriver (Firefox)
      b) GEB or SpecFlow calling Selenium WebDriver (HtmlUnit)

      This is an Asp.Net MVC website I'm trying to test.

      PS: Any or your wild guesses are better than my complete ignorance, provided they're based on experience.
    • Hubert Matthews
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2011
        Mark Pawelek wrote:
        > Can anybody give me their estimates of a comparison for tests running
        > times against Selenium RC vs. Selenium WebDriver ?
        >
        > E.g. If 150 UAT tests take 4 minutes using RobotFramework (Selenium RC),
        > what improvement can I expect using:
        > a) GEB or SpecFlow calling Selenium WebDriver (Firefox)
        > b) GEB or SpecFlow calling Selenium WebDriver (HtmlUnit)
        >
        > This is an Asp.Net MVC website I'm trying to test.
        >
        > PS: Any or your wild guesses are better than my complete ignorance,
        > provided they're based on experience.

        You probably need to know that IE is very much slower than Firefox when
        running Selenium test by about an order of magnitude, based on one of my
        client's experience.

        --
        Hubert Matthews http://www.oxyware.com/
        Software Consultant hubert@...