no meeting this week

  • Andrew Fuqua
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi everyone. There is NO agile atlanta meeting this week. The meeting for this month is described below. Happy new year!

      On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Andrew Fuqua <egroups@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone! I'm excited to announce our next Agile Tour: Wednesday, January the 18th in the morning in Alpharetta. This is a very special, limited capacity event.

      In this agile tour, a small number of us will have the privilege of touring a local agile shop, RedPrairie (www.RedPrairie.com). You will get to see their environment and watch an actual end of iteration "technical demo" that includes six teams! A highlight of this tour will be some insight into how RedPrairie is handling agile at a larger scale than single team.

      You'll also get to ask questions. Joe Utz, the Engineering Director, is prepared to cover challenges that they are facing and how they are addressing them.

      You MUST register at http://agiletour.eventbrite.com/ in order to attend this event. Due to the limited capacity, please do not register unless you are committing to attend. If you register and later learn that you cannot attend, please let me know so that I can release your reservation.

      Upcoming Meetings:

      - Wednesday 01/18/12, Agile Tour @ RedPrairie @ 9:00AM

      - Tuesday 02/07/12 @ Matrix @ 6:45p, A3 Problem Solving with Dean Stevens
      - Tuesday 03/06/12 @ Matrix @ 6:45p, Practices of a Great Product Owner with Bob Galen
      If you would like to host a subsequent tour at your agile shop, let me know. This is a great opportunity to give back to the community and will bolster your recruiting efforts, making it known that you are a 1st class agile company. Every agile team looks different. Each team is unique, with unique challenges. Because your place is different is exactly what will make it a great tour.

      By the way, I am now trying to keep our yahoo groups calendar up to date.

      andrew fuqua, agile coach
      fuqua consulting, llc
      phone: 678.763.8025
      twitter: @andrewmfuqua