Re: [ageofconquest] Comments from players who will sign the open letter

  • Darryl Atkinson
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
      It is impossible to check anything with the GM, as he doesn't respond to anything, regardless of the address used. I never even got a response when I asked to be elevated to royal in a game, although at least he did it.

      For those playing royals, I would suggest that we all demand refunds for the games that have been damaged beyond repair by the GM/system failures of the last turn. I have no interest in paying to play a game that I cannot rely on, that can be ruined by the inaction of the GM, and frankly, had I known that this would have occurred I would never have chosen to play a royal.

      Furthermore, the GM also refused to take action to remove players that have been removed from previous games for operating as a block, using the same IP address. I will not say flat out that the 3 nations are being run by a single player, although I believe this to be so, but as that was the accusation that resulted in their removal from a previous game, and the same three email addresses/IP addresses appeared in another game, but the GM would not do anything about it. I say that he refused to take action, but I guess that is inaccurate, as I actually never saw a response to the message I sent him regarding this problem, either.

      Darryl Atkinson

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
        Peter,

        Who did you get this feedback from ? The GM has not responded to
        anyone that I am aware of, which email address did you contact him
        at, if it was him that got back to you..?

        Thanks in advance,

        Darryl Atkinson

        --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, Peter Wirwoll <pwirwoll@...>
        wrote:

        > Patrick,
        >
        > I agree totally with the frustration,
        > because my turn wasn't made, but I got the feedback two times,
        that it
        > will be ok,
        > the game (Napoleon) got a new direction ;-(
        >
        > Peter
        >
        > Patrick schrieb:
        > >
        > > Below are comments from players who will sign the open letter to
        the
        > > GM, gives you a good idea of what is going on. For those that
        play
        > > Medieval and Shogunate, are the victory board leaders Battleczar
        and
        > > Alejandro still active in the game? Can someone contact them and
        see
        > > if they want to sign? The leaders in Napoleonic and Ancient have
        > > already signed the letter, including several other top players.
        It
        > > will be of a symbolic nature to have all four leaders of them on
        board.

        > > Samples of (international) reactions (in addition to the ones
        you can
        > > read yourself on all four message boards):
        > >
        > > "I'll sign the letter as well. I'm in a game, msw, that's been
        badly
        > > affected this turn. At least three players turns were not
        processed."

        > > "I totaly agree with you, I've actually dropped out of the couple
        > > games a month ago because of the reasons you've mentioned. And I
        was
        > > playing the AGE-games for more than 4 years already and the poor
        > > service of the games made me very upset..."
        > >
        > > "I only saw the letter that you forwarded and support it
        obviously. A
        > > good discussion with the GM is long overdue."
        > >
        > > "Agree entirely."
        > >
        > > "You bet. The games have been frustrating lately."
        > >
        > > "I am totally with you. I have sent my request for a new
        conquest four
        > > weeks ago (both via web-site and direct e-mail to the GM), but
        still
        > > no (absolutely, no) response.
        > > You may put my signature in."
        > >
        > > "I too am a long time player been with you since this game was
        Saurian
        > > Lords.
        > > These are the worst handling of turn results in years.
        > > My turn was not run either and this is causing major problems
        when
        > > wars are in progress.
        > > I too hear players are quitting and I am think of doing so
        myself.
        > > These turns need to be rerun"
        > >
        > > "My turns were run, but due to the fact that 3 of my allies in
        game
        > > APP did not have their turns run, the game has been damaged
        beyond
        > > repair, unless a rerun is granted. This was brought to your
        attention
        > > on Friday, and the very fact that we have had absolutely no
        response
        > > from you is indicative of the reason that you are seing a virtual
        > > revolt in your veteran players. In another game I am playing, 4
        > > nations did not have turns run. This kind of failure rate makes
        the
        > > game unplayable, and certainly makes paying for it unacceptable.
        > >
        > > A replay of the previous turn is mandatory, and to receive no
        > > response, no recognition of the problem, and no solution is
        simply not
        > > good enough."
        > >
        > > We have another week to gather more signatures, need your help
        on that.

        > > Patrick

      • Marc Schneider
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
          I have attached my orders to an e-mail sent to the GM separate from the web page or turn file and I have not had any problems in several games.  Give this a try if you have not done so and maybe it will help.

          Perhaps I have just been lucky.
          Marc

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
            Marc,

            The problem appears to be that many players submitted their orders
            properly, AND RECEIVED CONFIRMATIONS, and then didn't have their
            orders processed.

            And, in truth, the real problem is that the GM hasn't had the
            decency to respond to any of the messages regarding the problem, nor
            addressed it publicly, even though it has clearly affected many
            games, not only in Age of Conquest, but also Medieval Diplomacy,
            that I know of.

            Computers are computers, humans are humans, mistakes happen, no
            problem. Ignoring them, and your customers, when they do happen, is
            unacceptable.

            Darryl Atkinson

            --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, Marc Schneider
            <marshall_davout1805@...> wrote:

            > I have attached my orders to an e-mail sent to the GM separate
            from the web page or turn file and I have not had any problems in
            several games.  Give this a try if you have not done so and maybe it
            will help.

            > Perhaps I have just been lucky.
            > Marc

          • Peter Wirwoll
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
              Sorry for my imprecise wording,
              it was the status mail after uploading my turns, I have got them two
              times but the turn wasn't made.

              Peter

              darrylatkinson001 schrieb:

> [...]
              > > > APP did not have their turns run, the game has been damaged
              > beyond
              > > > repair, unless a rerun is granted. This was brought to your
              > attention
              > > > on Friday, and the very fact that we have had absolutely no
              > response
              > > > from you is indicative of the reason that you are seing a virtual
              > > > revolt in your veteran players. In another game I am playing, 4
              > > > nations did not have turns run. This kind of failure rate makes
              > the
              > > > game unplayable, and certainly makes paying for it unacceptable.
              > > >
              > > > A replay of the previous turn is mandatory, and to receive no
              > > > response, no recognition of the problem, and no solution is
              > simply not
              > > > good enough."
              > > >
              > > > We have another week to gather more signatures, need your help

            • Darryl Atkinson
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
                I understand. You submitted orders, twice, got confirmation for them, and then they were not processed. This would indeed result in your game getting a new direction. I bet it isn't one you like... ;-(

                it was the status mail after uploading my turns, I have got them two
                times but the turn wasn't made.

                Peter

                darrylatkinson001 schrieb:

                > Peter,
                >
                > Who did you get this feedback from ? The GM has not responded to
                > anyone that I am aware of, which email address did you contact him
                > at, if it was him that got back to you..?
                >
                > Thanks in advance,
                >
                > Darryl Atkinson
                >
                > --- In ageofconquest@ yahoogroups. com
                > <mailto:ageofconque st%40yahoogroups .com>, Peter Wirwoll <pwirwoll@.. .>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Patrick,
                > >
                > > I agree totally with the frustration,
                > > because my turn wasn't made, but I got the feedback two times,
                > that
                it
> [...]
                > > > APP did not have their turns run, the game has been damaged
                > beyond
                > > > repair,
                unless a rerun is granted. This was brought to your
                > attention
                > > > on Friday, and the very fact that we have had absolutely no
                > response
                > > > from you is indicative of the reason that you are seing a virtual
                > > > revolt in your veteran players. In another game I am playing, 4
                > > > nations did not have turns run. This kind of failure rate makes
                > the
                > > > game unplayable, and certainly makes paying for it unacceptable.
                > > >
                > > > A replay of the previous turn is mandatory, and to receive no
                > > > response, no recognition of the problem, and no solution is
                > simply not
                > > > good enough."
                > > >
                > > > We have another week to gather more signatures, need your help

              • Raymond Wiggins
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 20, 2009
                  Of my three games, I had this problem with the Shogunate game last week. Lucky for me I had already screwed the pooch in that one so it didn't matter.

                • darrylatkinson001
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 21, 2009
                    My sincere thanks to the GM for communicating with us all, and
                    addressing the missed moves in the fairest wasy possible. Let us all
                    all hope that the problems are now dealt with and we can all go back
                    to enjoying the games as we have in the past.

                    Darryl Atkinson

                    --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, Raymond Wiggins