Re: [ageofconquest] Re: Commanders

  • Greg Stafford
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 30, 2007
      And "attack strength" = Combat Value?

      --- kalinin_yuri <kalinin_yuri@...> wrote:

      > Commanders can travel by theirselves. As for
      > capturing provinces
      > your unit should have at least 10% attack stregth to
      > capture
      > province.
      >
      > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, Greg Stafford
      > <glorantha1@...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Can Commanders act independently of any troops?
      > For
      > > instance, can a lone commander take an unoccupied
      > > city?
      > >
      > > Thank you.

      > _______________
      > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly
      > Here and Now (it's
      > updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > mailto:ageofconquest-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
    • corpstaffingsystems
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 2 10:49 AM
        > - The League is similar vulnerable, but after all can be better
        > defended as Carthage. The League has the strongest navy in the
        > western and middle mediterranean and hence and due to the excellent
        > central position he is a wooed partner for many realms. He should
        > have no real difficulties to survive if he has one friend on his
        > side nearby (Rome best). It´s much more a "winning realm" than
        > others, I think.

        Everything you've said here works for Massilia as well. (who also have
        Royal Galleys) Your troops are as good or better than any of your
        neighbors. (Hispania, Western gaul, Insubre) as long as you don't have
        to fight them all.

        Tim
      • Marc Kosiek
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 14 9:19 AM
          no

          >From: dave vranch <carthage200bc@...>
          >To: ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [ageofconquest] Game Balance
          >Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:38:54 +0100 (BST)
          >
          >would it be possibile for me to play in the coming weeks ?
          > as would like to give it a go .and where would i find the rules /tips
          >for the game.
          > happy gaming H..
          >teamfumble <colm.mcquilkin@...> wrote:
          > As the game has been going for a while how do players think the
          >balance
          >works?
          >
          >Does anyone have the impression that some realms are favoured over
          >others?
          >

          >---------------------------------
          > Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign
          >up for your freeaccount today.

          More photos, more messages, more storage�get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.
        • goat_with1000young
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 8, 2007
            wrote:

            > And "attack strength" = Combat Value?

            "PROVINCE OWNERSHIP CHANGES:
            This step is for the ownership of provinces to change. If a province is
            invaded, and all friendly armies are destroyed or have retreated, then
            the invaders will now own the province. If a province is invaded by
            more than one Realm, then the Realm with the greatest number of
            troops/commanders in the province at this time must have a total combat
            of at least 10 (which means a lone siege machine cannot conquer a
            province)."

            Rulebook page 24.
          • Greg Stafford
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 9, 2007
              I recently got bagged by a fleet of triremes sneaking in and landing
              troops in an undefended city.
              I was pretty surprised, and felt somewhat mollified when I noticed
              that triremes aren't even listed in the rules as a type of available ship!
              In case anyone else would like the data on them:
              Trireme
              attack" 3x30%
              His: 3
              Move: 3
              Build: 6
              Maintain: 0.5
              fighting room: 1
              Storage: 1

              Does anyone else know of other units missing from the troop list?

              --Greg
            • goat_with1000young
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 14, 2007
                The Cimmerian Hellespont has something called a "plaguespreader" unit.

                No, not really.