Re: Gnossus

  • jose_ander
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hello,

      So, what does "Gnossus" mean? Was it just a common name back then?
      Jose

      <corpstaffingsystems@...> wrote:
      > No, its correct and has been posted here before. Historically i
      > beleive their were towns of that name at each location.
      >
      > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "goat_with1000young"
      > <goat_with1000young@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I count three towns named Gnossus; one in Crete and two in Africa.
      > Is
      > > this a bug?

    • Carthaginian
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
        Actually, there is (one) ancient Greek city called Knossos. For historic
        references, take almost all sources, but not this game. It´s too hopeless.

        --
        http://www.carthaginian.de
      • ken_fromme
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
          Gnossus is a Greek word meaning "knowledge". I guess there are so many
          towns with that name because there are so many know-it-alls in these
          games.
        • jose_ander
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 4, 2006
            Ouch!

            I thought perhaps a Mr Gnoussus was simply proficient at
            spreading "joy" through out the Ancient kingdom.
            Jose