Re: [ageofconquest] Under New Management - Update 4

  • Delwayne Arakaki
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2011
      Wouldn't our old files work?   We have the player files and I would think they are still valid?  Is there a version written on the screen somewhere?
      I'm pretty sure I can find my player zip files if needed.

      On 10/31/2011 5:48 AM, Darrell wrote:

      Hi all,

      Thanks again for all the feedback and comments.

      It has been two weeks since update 3 was posted, and progress has not been as intended.

      Oleg, part of the original software team, was working on migrating the Perl/CGI (websites) and Delphi/C++ (GUI) scripts, but having made some progress, he had to relocate and start a new job, which put the mockers on that work. I can do html after a fashion, but would need to learn those languages from scratch.

      So, the vendor is in the process of getting a different programmer on board. Essentially it is the player sign-up, GUI download and turn upload/report download functions that are stuck at present.

      The rules for each scenario can be accessed from the lords-of-conquest site (Napoleonic is missing any images).

      www.lords-of-conquest.com - the games site with access to rules, 33% ok

      If anyone can propose a convenient of getting the unmodified GUI zip files (circa 8.6 MB) to players, I could get a test MD game going via e-mail only, pending the programming work being moved forward. I have thought of maybe using the MD group file upload but do not know the size restrictions.

      I do not get the other GUI's until later in the contracted transfer process, when a working system has been proven.

      Let me know what you think.

      Apologies if you get this several times as I will post it to all the AGEgame groups.

      Darrell/GM

    • dporridge
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
        Indeed - mentioned the same on the other website, haven't heard back yet. I am pretty sure there will be several players that still have it so some of us can test it by email for sure! (Oh how I feel like a junkie looking forward to getting his weekly shot again..)