Under new management - Watch this space 3

  • Darrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
      Hi all,

      Thanks again for all the feedback and comments.

      It was October 5th when update 2 was posted, so I hope this is useful, and again posting on all th eyahoo groups, so apologies for.

      First off, for those suffering withdrawal, the web-sites are up, although the download stuff and some of the links are not there yet, or give errors. A list of fixes is ongoing, especially as it used a lot of .gif's for common texts.

      www.agegames.co.uk - the original intro site, 95% ok

      www.lords-of-conquest.com - the games site with access to rules, 33% ok

      The key issues are that the original background scripts were in PHP4 and that ceased to be supported in 2007, so migration to PHP5 is necessary for system longevity. It also used a Smarty template, and that has moved on to version 3.1.3, so again migration needed.

      The contract of transfer includes the e-mail list (reportedly 1000+ addresses) and all the source codes, once the system is working. so opportunities will hopefully abound to get games going.

      As mentioned in the last update the gm@... mail is live for any P2P contact. Thanks to those who have used it so far.

      As soon as the sign-up and diploware download functionality is available, assistance will be sought to test out the various scenarios. Hopefully not too long off.

      More when I have it.

      Darrell/GM