Hoorah! Hoorah! A new World for Conquest

  • maedhros_1
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 20 7:29 PM
      Well, there is at least one other member at the time of this
      post....So welcome all who are to come and hello to the one already
      here.
    • teamfumble
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 22 8:09 PM
        An ancients game

        As if I wasn't playing too much already - oh well...

        --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "maedhros_1" <myalternate@...>
        wrote:

        > Well, there is at least one other member at the time of this
        > post....So welcome all who are to come and hello to the one already
        > here.

      • Larry Essick
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 23 12:02 AM
          I'm looking forward to this new variant. I've enjoyed MD2 (although
          I'm not much good at it) and really look forward to an ancients period
          game.

          Larry
        • rcbecker1
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 23 6:09 AM
            And where do I find out about this?
            rcbecker1

            > I'm looking forward to this new variant. I've enjoyed MD2 (although
            > I'm not much good at it) and really look forward to an ancients period
            > game.
            >
            > Larry

          • Derek
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 23 11:14 AM

              No details have been released other than the GM’s one message.

              I seem to have deleted it (curses!) but it said something like 16 nations, set in the period just after the fall of Alexander.

              > I'm looking forward to this new variant.  I've enjoyed MD2 (although
              > I'm not much good at it) and really look forward to an ancients period
              > game.
              >
              > Larry

            • maedhros_1
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 23 3:00 PM
                I'm curious what he'll do with the naval warfare aspect. This was a
                time when navies were built on a scale not seen again until the
                modern era.

                The Seleucids and Egypt in particular built the biggest heaviest
                ships ever seen. Rome in the first punic war lost hundreds,
                possibly thousands of ships with potentially over a hundred thousand
                men.

                Maybe super galleys like those built by Ptolemy II and Demetrius?

                --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "Derek" <dcvdg1@...> wrote:

                > No details have been released other than the GM's one message.
                >

                > I seem to have deleted it (curses!) but it said something like 16
                nations,
                > set in the period just after the fall of Alexander.

                subject=Unsubscribe>

                > _____

              • teamfumble
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 25 4:33 PM
                  I'm just expecting Dragonlords without the monsters.

                  ...but with the chance for a few Monty Python jokes...

                  wrote:

                  > I'm curious what he'll do with the naval warfare aspect. This was
                  > time when navies were built on a scale not seen again until the
                  > modern era.
                  >
                  > The Seleucids and Egypt in particular built the biggest heaviest
                  > ships ever seen. Rome in the first punic war lost hundreds,
                  > possibly thousands of ships with potentially over a hundred
                  thousand
                  > men.
                  >
                  > Maybe super galleys like those built by Ptolemy II and Demetrius?
                  >

                  > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "Derek" <dcvdg1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > No details have been released other than the GM's one message.
                  > >

                  > > I seem to have deleted it (curses!) but it said something like 16
                  > nations,
                  > > set in the period just after the fall of Alexander.

                • Tony
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 25 9:52 PM
                    Hi Colm,
                    It would be interesting if you were on the unit specification
                    commitee, Killer Rabbits, Silly Walk Cav, Jabbowok seige engines.
                    But this is set 300 BLB - Before Life of Brian.
                    Even before the Holy Handgrande of Antioch.
                    Hummmmmm...

                    --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "teamfumble"
                    <colm.mcquilkin@...> wrote:

                    > I'm just expecting Dragonlords without the monsters.
                    >
                    > ...but with the chance for a few Monty Python jokes...
                    >

                    > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "maedhros_1" <myalternate@>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I'm curious what he'll do with the naval warfare aspect. This
                    was
                    > > time when navies were built on a scale not seen again until the
                    > > modern era.
                    > >
                    > > The Seleucids and Egypt in particular built the biggest heaviest
                    > > ships ever seen. Rome in the first punic war lost hundreds,
                    > > possibly thousands of ships with potentially over a hundred
                    > thousand
                    > > men.
                    > >
                    > > Maybe super galleys like those built by Ptolemy II and Demetrius?
                    > >

                    > > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "Derek" <dcvdg1@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > No details have been released other than the GM's one message.
                    > > >

                    > > > I seem to have deleted it (curses!) but it said something like
                    16
                    > > nations,
                    > > > set in the period just after the fall of Alexander.

                  • corpstaffingsystems
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 26 10:29 AM
                      Exactly, MP should have been in MD if anywhere.

                      --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "Tony" <tmac454455@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Colm,
                      > It would be interesting if you were on the unit specification
                      > commitee, Killer Rabbits, Silly Walk Cav, Jabbowok seige engines.
                      > But this is set 300 BLB - Before Life of Brian.
                      > Even before the Holy Handgrande of Antioch.
                      > Hummmmmm...
                      >

                      > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "teamfumble"
                      > <colm.mcquilkin@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm just expecting Dragonlords without the monsters.
                      > >
                      > > ...but with the chance for a few Monty Python jokes...
                      > >

                      > > --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "maedhros_1" <myalternate@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm curious what he'll do with the naval warfare aspect. This
                      > was
                      > > > time when navies were built on a scale not seen again until the
                      > > > modern era.
                      > > >
                      > > > The Seleucids and Egypt in particular built the biggest
                      heaviest
                      > > > ships ever seen. Rome in the first punic war lost hundreds,
                      > > > possibly thousands of ships with potentially over a hundred
                      > > thousand
                      > > > men.
                      > > >
                      > > > Maybe super galleys like those built by Ptolemy II and
                      Demetrius?

                      > 16
                      > > > nations,

                    • nat72441
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 24, 2006
                        greetings , i'am lucius cammillus of the Etruscan Confederacy.
                        i am new to the game and i'm looking for a strong ally.

                        ...can you help me?...
                      • gjgillespie1@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 24, 2006
                          In a message dated 10/24/2006 6:51:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time, n.cruise@... writes:
                           Dear lucius cammillus of the Etruscan Confederacy, what game number are you starting in ? Is your game number "anh"? If so I Moskon of the land of Dacia am looking for an alliance.
                          yours respectfully,
                          Gerard Gillespie
                        • corpstaffingsystems
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 24, 2006
                            I notice that you posted asking how to join a game and then posted
                            again that your the Etruscen Confederacy, on the same day.

                            I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you found agegames.com,
                            you downloaded the Diploware, ran the tutorial and it told you your
                            the Etruscans. If you havn't already please use the link to email the
                            GM and give him this information. If not you can send your request to
                            join a game to gm@.... Be sure and specify Age of Conquest
                            if you want the Ancients Game.

                            If I'm right you havn't received an email with a turn (title: The
                            battle begins) from the GM yet. Don't worry, you should in 1-3 weeks
                            depending on the waiting list for a new game. If you are still
                            waiting on a turn email from the GM you could end up with the
                            Etruscians but have an equal chance to randomly get any of the other
                            realms. this is why the other poster was asking your game #, he's
                            already in a game.

                            If you have any questions feel free to email me off this group at
                            yahoo.com. I'f you'ld like I'd be happy to get you old turn files so
                            you can practice more.

                            Tim

                            --- In ageofconquest@yahoogroups.com, "nat72441" <n.cruise@...> wrote:

                            > greetings , i'am lucius cammillus of the Etruscan Confederacy.
                            > i am new to the game and i'm looking for a strong ally.
                            >
                            > ...can you help me?...

                          • nat cruise
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 24, 2006
                              hi, i play on the roman type thingy game. im new so i dont know much and its difficult to get a hang of...........e-mail bck