Re: Hi John! & other things

  • maartenvanthiel
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
      Hi John;

      Well, bookmarks is really there. Photos / Bookmarks / Database...

      Other things.

      Where are you all? On holyday??

      Am in a little port, found an internet cafe (two computers, one
      broken). Was at Texel island and saw the parrasana again. No flowers
      now but a banana plantation growing there.
      The bad smell of the flowers was a shit smell, anyway.

      From the owner I got three cuttings of Sansevierias.
      Volkensii, spec. Bally 12681 and aethiopica.
      Will get some more later.
      Anyone here interested also in this kind of plants?
      Which group is interesting for these plants?

      Will be back home tomorrow;
      Kind regards,

      Maarten
    • lottehoyadk
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2002
        Hello Maarten

        I am a danish girl on this list who is also interested in the
        sansevierias.I also have some spare agaves, I have found out,
        because I was searching my greenhouses these days, and found some I
        can offer for those who want some.I will make a list of my spares
        and you are more than welcome to write to me directly and ask for
        what I have.But as I said before I have also a very big interest in
        the sansevierias and maybe I also have some to exchange.

        Kind regards Lotte.

        --- In agaveforum@y..., "maartenvanthiel" <maartenvanthiel@wrote:

        > Hi John;
        >
        > Well, bookmarks is really there. Photos / Bookmarks / Database...
        >
        > Other things.
        >
        > Where are you all? On holyday??
        >
        > Am in a little port, found an internet cafe (two computers, one
        > broken). Was at Texel island and saw the parrasana again. No
        flowers
        > now but a banana plantation growing there.
        > The bad smell of the flowers was a shit smell, anyway.
        >
        > From the owner I got three cuttings of Sansevierias.
        > Volkensii, spec. Bally 12681 and aethiopica.
        > Will get some more later.
        > Anyone here interested also in this kind of plants?
        > Which group is interesting for these plants?
        >
        > Will be back home tomorrow;
        > Kind regards,
        >
        > Maarten
      • maartenvanthiel
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
          Bookmarks WERE disabled... Now OK!!

          --- In agaveforum@y..., "maartenvanthiel" <maartenvanthiel@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hi John;
          >
          > Well, bookmarks is really there. Photos / Bookmarks / Database...
          >
          > Other things.
          >
          > Where are you all? On holyday??
          >
          > Am in a little port, found an internet cafe (two computers, one
          > broken). Was at Texel island and saw the parrasana again. No
          flowers
          > now but a banana plantation growing there.
          > The bad smell of the flowers was a shit smell, anyway.
          >
          > From the owner I got three cuttings of Sansevierias.
          > Volkensii, spec. Bally 12681 and aethiopica.
          > Will get some more later.
          > Anyone here interested also in this kind of plants?
          > Which group is interesting for these plants?
          >
          > Will be back home tomorrow;
          > Kind regards,
          >
          > Maarten
        • maartenvanthiel
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2002
            Hello Lotte!

            I have good experiences with swapping with Danish people, and also
            good experiences with cooking for Danish school children making tours
            in the Netherlands on sailig ships. (Once served them apple sauce and
            they said they only eat that at Christmass...)

            So: Pls send me yr swap list!

            Parrasana flowering at Texel island.
            Is it strange that this plant doesnt produce any offsets? I mean
            after flowering?
            I thouhgt that p. neomexicana did, but I may be wrong.

            Kind regards,

            Maarten