Kawasaki and Netiquette

  • jaybee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      Dear Friends,

      Most of you would have herad of Guy Kawasaki?
      I am sure Manivannan knows. He is the guy who wrote the famous
      book, best seller called 'The Macintosh Way'. He has also
      come up with 'Selling the Dream'. Nice book -that. Its
      all about evangelism lined up and connected to corporate
      business. He has done a good job.
      He has given a preface to a book called, 'Netiquette'
      by Virginia Shea published by Albion Books .
      It is interesting reading, to know about the books that
      he prefers much.

      Regards

      JayBee

      When I die, I am going to have a handful of books placed in
      my coffin. I need them to ensure for eternity that my grammar
      is correct, that I'm entertained, and that I'm inspired. The books are:

      The Chicago Manual of Style
      The Elements of Style (William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White)
      Writers on Writing (Jon Winokur)
      If You Want to Write (Brenda Ueland)

      Now whoever buries me will have to squeeze one more book into
      my coffin: Netiquette by Virginia Shea. Where I'm going, there
      will be electronic mail (and it won't be owned by Microsoft).
      For all eternity, I want to observe the rules that Shea has
      established for network etiquette.

      You're probably standing in the computer section of a bookstore
      surrounded by too many books about the Internet and the information
      superhighway. You're confused: Which book do I really need about
      all this email stuff?

      It doesn't matter which of the technical books you buy because
      they all contain the same downloaded files. However, if you want
      to read a book that was written and that teaches you principles
      that you will use for a long, long time, this is it.