Shall we?

  • Sharmalan Thevar
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      Dr,

      Just curious if we can get this done. Why don't we write a formal letter to National Geographic/History Channel to highlight the achievements of the Tamils since ancient times?

      Is this possible?

      Regards,

      Sharmalan
    • jaybee555
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        --- In agathiyar@yahoogroups.com, "Sharmalan Thevar" <sharmalan1984@...> wrote:

        > Dr,
        >
        > Just curious if we can get this done. Why don't we write a formal letter to National Geographic/History Channel to highlight the achievements of the Tamils since ancient times?
        >
        > Is this possible?
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Sharmalan

        It is possible.

        In fact there have been several topics that have been featured by
        channels like Disovery, etc.

        There was a Singapore collaboration which took a full segment on Kadaram. They took it in 2000.
        There was one on Thanjavur temple. Another one on vasthu, One more or Naadi sastra.
        Under the series 'What the Ancients Taught Us', India is being featured.

        Tamils have now become very good at lobbying.
        Even effective lobbying has become the monopoly of a few cliques, cabals, and groups. Even in the Web.

        Who should be invited, who should be left out, whose paper should be accepted.... for 'palaana' conferences..... all are being lobbied.

        An effective lobby like that dominating the Tamil Web world or the
        political lobby of Tamilnadu or the Brahmin lobby should be able to do it with some success.

        Not YOU and ME.

        Regards

        JayBee