A piece of paper does not determine your faith

  • Sharmalan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
      A piece of paper does not determine your faith

      Dear concerned people,

      Religion is a human idea on the relationship between man and the
      supreme. There was never an occasion in the history of mankind
      where all men and women, worshipped the same God, followed one
      doctrine.

      This never happened and will never happen. Humans are creatures of
      ideas. We have the free will to think and decide what is best for
      ourselves. Our ability to imagine can never be governed by any
      individual or organisation.

      Throughout history, people who shared similar beliefs have
      gathered. They introduced rules, rituals and philosophies. This
      caused religions to be born.

      In this modern world, we are required to state our religion on
      official papers. I find it amusing because it does not carry any
      weight on an individual's spirituality.

      Religion is not similar to race. Religion is about the mind, race
      is the physical and cultural characteristic of a human.

      Humans have the ability to decide their relationship with God. Just
      because someone has stated that he or she follows a particular
      religion on official documents, that does not mean that he or she
      actualy follows it.

      Therefore, in my opinion a piece of paper does not determine your
      faith. You may even forcefully change the legal documents of a
      person and categorize him under a different religion, but you can
      never determine his spirituality. Only an individual knows what
      runs in the mind during prayers, chanting of mantra, rituals etc etc
      etc. Nobody else will know it except for that particular individual.

      Hope the above made some sense. I chose to write my opinion because
      there are many organisations out there which are trying to establish
      religious rules.

      Nobody can determine my spirituality. My way of religion is my
      personal choice. It is not necessary for me to follow somebody
      elses rules and regulations because this is between me and God.

      Regards,

      Sharmalan
      (Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia)
    • Sasi Paidi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        Applause to you Mr. sharmalan. Religion, caste and gender should be total removed from any official papers. I am of the belief that even parents should not force any religion on their kids. They can tell them what they follow and guide them when they need help.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2009
          Dear friends,

          I, personally think, time has come for us to understand the philosophy of hinduism. If possible read the upanishad.Ttry to understand  and seek logical meanings for each and every symbol can be found in Hindu religion.

          S.Uma

[...]

          New Email addresses available on Yahoo!
          Hurry before someone else does!