Re: [agathiyar] Re: Agathiyar message archive

  • JayBee
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2002
      Dear Vidya,

      At 05:55 AM 10/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >We need to begin somewhere..So as of now I just started with a
      >plain-copy-paste approach and have completed the backing up of 1998
      >and 1999
      >messages upto June.I will be done with the archival of 1999 messages
      >by the
      >end of this week.I feel that we can think about organizing the plain
      >text
      >later.
      >
      >Please check it at this URL
      >
      >http://www21.brinkster.com/agathiyar1
      >
      >Incase someone is interested they could start by archiving
      >the 2002 and 2001 messages while I complete the 2000 archives.
      >
      >Dr.Jaybee, What do you say?

      Thank you so very much. Thats all I can think of saying.
      Others who want to help, will be contacting you by
      private email.
      Please do carry on the good work.

      Regards

      JayBee

      >p.s : I thought it would atleast be better to have something instead
      >of nothing..
      >
      >Do let me know of your feedback.
      >

      >Vidya

      ================================>
    • Saravanan Kandasamy
      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Vidya and All,

        Its really a wonderful work....I would take charge of year 2001....

        Will update u all soon after I am done with it...

        rgds
        Saravanan Kandasamy

        --- JayBee <jaybee@...> wrote:

        > Dear Vidya,
        >
        > At 05:55 AM 10/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
        > >We need to begin somewhere..So as of now I just started with a
        > >plain-copy-paste approach and have completed the backing up of 1998
        > >and 1999
        > >messages upto June.I will be done with the archival of 1999 messages
        > >by the
        > >end of this week.I feel that we can think about organizing the plain
        > >text
        > >later.
        > >
        > >Please check it at this URL
        > >
        > >http://www21.brinkster.com/agathiyar1
        > >
        > >Incase someone is interested they could start by archiving
        > >the 2002 and 2001 messages while I complete the 2000 archives.
        > >
        > >Dr.Jaybee, What do you say?
        >

        > Thank you so very much. Thats all I can think of saying.
        > Others who want to help, will be contacting you by
        > private email.
        > Please do carry on the good work.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > JayBee
        > >

        > >p.s : I thought it would atleast be better to have something instead
        > >of nothing..
        > >
        > >Do let me know of your feedback.
        > >

        > >Vidya

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • njaanavettiyaan
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 1, 2002
          My dear Vidya,
          vaNakkam.
          Good Work!
          My wholehearted appreciations.
          Comp Experts, pl come forward.
          thanks.
          njaanavettiyaan

          At 05:55 AM 10/1/02 -0000, you wrote:
          >We need to begin somewhere..So as of now I just started with a
          >plain-copy-paste approach and have completed the backing up of 1998
          >and 1999
          >messages upto June.I will be done with the archival of 1999 messages
          >by the
          >end of this week.I feel that we can think about organizing the plain
          >text
          >later.
          >
          >Please check it at this URL
          >
          >http://www21.brinkster.com/agathiyar1
          >
          >Incase someone is interested they could start by archiving
          >the 2002 and 2001 messages while I complete the 2000 archives.
          >
          >Dr.Jaybee, What do you say?
          >

          >p.s : I thought it would atleast be better to have something instead
          >of nothing..
          >
          >Do let me know of your feedback.
          >

          >Vidya

        • vidyajayaram
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 5, 2002
            Mugunthraj
            Thanks.We have stopped the c&p as of now.
            Kindly keep us posted.

            Now to other issues..

            1.TSCII conversion

            2.Search box
            Will it be as simple as adding a search box and spidering it to
            search
            Tamil pages?

            3.Organizing
            One option would be to collect series - eg:
            Siddhar Muthuvaduganathar,Kalamegham,kalaiccorkal, kavidhaigal posted
            by
            members and other important ones etc.I dont know how it would work
            out
            because of the numerous postings and crosspostings of varying degrees
            of
            relevance.

            Any inputs?

            Vidya