[agathiyar] Query on word pairs like nerunal/nen2n2al

  • Nagamanickam Ganesan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 1999
      Dear Friends,

      I am on the lookout for word pairs like
      "nerunal" and "nen2n2al". "nerunal" = "nen2n2al" = yesterday.

      We come little bit close like the above in the following words
      1) "karumpu" = "kan2n2al" = sugarcane;
      This makes me wonder whether "karunal" meant also sugarcane??!!
      2) "parutti" = "pan2n2al" = cotton;
      This makes me wonder whether "parunal" meant cotton ??!!

      Can the netters suggest some more pairs like
      "nerunal/nen2n2al"? Thanks.

      With kind regards,
      N. Ganesan

      My Tamil transliteration
      (based on Madras University Tamil Lexicon scheme)

      vowels: a aa/A i ii/I u uu/U e ee/E ai o oo/O au
      consonants: k G/ng c J/nj T N t n p m y r l v z/zh L R n2
      Aytam: h/q