Re: ethiopic keyboard layout help requested

  • teferra10
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3 5:18 AM
      I am new to this group and wondering what become of this topic?

      --- In afrophonewikis@yahoogroups.com, "Don Osborn" <dzo@...> wrote:

      > FYI, this conversation has continued offlist, Replies onlist are always
      > welcome. Hopefully we can have a summary posted later. Don
      >

      > ___________________
      >
      > Hi SJ, I'll copy this to some others - the A12n-collaboration list,
      where
      > keyboards for African languages has been a subject of discussion on
      and off
      > since 4-5 years, and some colleagues who have been working in one
      aspect or
      > another of localization in Amharic (Daniel Yacob, Dawit Bekele, and
      Solomon
      > Atnafu). HTH.
      >
      > Don

    • Don Osborn
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2008
        Sorry for the slow reply on this. I believe that OLPC is still working
        on its keyboard for Ethiopic/Ge'ez, but do not know offhand what the
        latest is concerning standards. That has been an ongoing issue. I'll
        be speaking with Daniel Yacob soon on another topic and will ask him.

        Don