Help Searching For Musician Name

  • omachiomachi <omachi4@highstream.net>
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 23, 2002
      I am trying to find the name of a very very popular African pop
      musician, and I only have a few clues. I THINK he was from the Ivory
      Coast. He sings in both French and his native tongue. One of his many
      big hit songs was "Samantha". His guitar licks are sweeeeet. If
      anyone can help me find his name and get his cd's, pleaase, help
      me...Omachi4@...

      Thanks so much!!

      [Subject Edited]
    • Martin Sinnock
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 27, 2002
        Probably the singer you are searching for is Pamelo Mounka from Congo
        Brazzaville. He has several releases on cd including a couple of
        compilations which I think, from memory, include the big hit Samantha.
        Good luck.
        MS

        > I am trying to find the name of a very very popular African pop
        > musician, and I only have a few clues. I THINK he was from the Ivory
        > Coast. He sings in both French and his native tongue. One of his many
        > big hit songs was "Samantha". His guitar licks are sweeeeet. If
        > anyone can help me find his name and get his cd's, pleaase, help
        > me...Omachi4@...
        >
        > Thanks so much!!
        >
        > [Subject Edited]
      • omachi4
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 27, 2002
          YES!! Thank you so much!!!
          Now, do you know where I might purchase his CD's??

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 27, 2002
            Thank you!!! That is his name, I'm sure!!
            Now, do you know where I might find one of his CDs??
            Thank you SO MUCH for your help!! I wish I could thank
            you in person...

            From: "Martin Sinnock" <mhs@...>
            Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:38:41 -0000

            >Probably the singer you are searching for is Pamelo Mounka from Congo<BR>
            >Brazzaville.  He has several releases on cd including a couple of<BR>
            >compilations which I think, from memory, include the big hit Samantha.<BR>
            >Good luck
          • Dlala Letheka
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 29, 2002
              ola bafoethu...
              who sings "GAOU"..i love this classic..big time
            • aguenaou_karim <karim.aguenaou@laposte.n
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
                Bonjour,

                Are you talking of the song Premier Gaou ? The answer is "Magic
                System" from the Ivory Coast.

                A song excerpt is available at
                http://musique.telerama.fr/edito/11_12_02/magicsystem1.ram

                An article in French about the Zouglou music and other audio excerpts:
                http://musique.telerama.fr/edito.asp?art_airs=M002102712

                Karim Aguenaou
                http://www.azawan.com
                http://www.mondeberbere.com

                --- In african_music@yahoogroups.com, Dlala Letheka <he_mzala@y...>
              • webmaster@over2u.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
                  Magic System have a song called Premier Gaou or Gaou in some cases. You can
                  listen to an audio sample of the song from the African music section of the
                  African Online Shop at http://www.over2u.com/shop/african_music.html

                  There is a compilation CD called Makossa Dance which has the song as the 3rd
                  track on the album. To listen to the sample simply click on the song title
                  when in the relevant shop page of the African Music section.

                  A. Oloko
                • Dlala Letheka
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
                    is this the original song, i know there's a remix, but
                    i don't want the remix

                    --- webmaster@... wrote:
                    > Magic System have a song called Premier Gaou or Gaou
                    > in some cases. You can
                    > listen to an audio sample of the song from the
                    > African music section of the
                    > African Online Shop at
                    > http://www.over2u.com/shop/african_music.html
                    >
                    > There is a compilation CD called Makossa Dance which
                    > has the song as the 3rd
                    > track on the album. To listen to the sample simply
                    > click on the song title
                    > when in the relevant shop page of the African Music
                    > section.
                    >
                    > A. Oloko
                  • Olivia Stevens
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
                      You guys are really hitting the spot with the songs I
                      like! Thanks! I've been trying to find the name of
                      this song for ages. I believe it's on a CD along with
                      "Coupe Bibamba", I'm not too sure for I could be
                      wrong. Anywayz, continue with the good work!

                      --- webmaster@... wrote:
                      > Magic System have a song called Premier Gaou or Gaou
                      > in some cases. You can
                      > listen to an audio sample of the song from the
                      > African music section of the
                      > African Online Shop at
                      > http://www.over2u.com/shop/african_music.html
                      >
                      > There is a compilation CD called Makossa Dance which
                      > has the song as the 3rd
                      > track on the album. To listen to the sample simply
                      > click on the song title
                      > when in the relevant shop page of the African Music
                      > section.
                      >
                      > A. Oloko
                    • Olivia Stevens
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
                        It is the original. The remix is with Jam and
                        Yannick. I believe the remix is also called (I could
                        be wrong) "Copie de dj Sallah." I hope that helps, if
                        any.
                        --- Dlala Letheka <he_mzala@...> wrote:

                        > is this the original song, i know there's a remix,
                        > but
                        > i don't want the remix
                      • Dlala Letheka
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 31, 2002
                          thanx olivia

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 1, 2003
                            Yes, the song Premier Gaou and Coupe Bibamba are on the compilation CD,
                            Makossa Dance, referred to in my earlier email. The CD is available from the
                            African music section of the African Online Shop at
                            http://www.over2u.com/shop/african_music.html. There is a full list of the
                            tracks on the album and audio samples of some of the tracks.

                            A. Oloko
                            African Online Shop