Musiques d'Afrique Newsletter No. 6/7, February/March 2002

  • Frank Bessem - NCT
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2002
      Dear African_Music Group,

      The Musiques d'Afrique web site ( http://www.geocities.com/fbessem/musique.html ) has been
      updated again over the last two months.

      Six new pages added in February and March:

      Jali Musa Jawara (Djeli Moussa Diawara): great griot and kora player from Guinea;
      Georges Dickson: Cameroonian makossa star;
      Déné Issébéré: new young talent from Mali; charming singer from the Dogon region in East Mali;
      Secka & the Royal Band de Thiès: Senegalese mbalax band, playing since decades already;
      Tiken Jah Fakoly: young reggae star from Cote d'Ivoire;
      Félix Wazekwa: the intellectual among Congolese soukous star singers and composers.

      The Festival page has been updated as well, with first
      dates for the 2002 season.

      If you have suggestions to add specific musicians or about
      albums not mentioned on existing pages, do not hesitate to drop us a line.

      Feel free to take a look again.

      Kind regards,

      Frank Bessem
      Musiques d'Afrique

    • sabina nänny
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2002
        Dear Mr. Bessem,

        Thank you very much for informing me about the update of your
        very interesting website.

        I would like to inform you about an African Festival we are
        organising every year in Zurich:

        6. Afrikanisches Kulturfestival INTEGRATION
        6 - 8 September, 2002
        Zurich/CH, Helvetiaplatz
        www.africa-integration.ch
        louis.mombu@...

        Program: Concerts of Black Music stars, theatre, dance, afro bazaar, kid's programme, integration programm, panel discussions on social topis "Successful Black People in Switzerland", etc.

        Could you perhaps add this festival to your list?

        Please let me know.

        Thank you very much for your feedback,

        Sabina Nänny
        Africa Freedom