African Music Invades Central Park: Femi Kuti, Common + More Live At Summerstage

  • akmbirch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2013
      This past weekend was a scorcher in New York City and I'm not talking about the weather report; Afrobeat scion Femi Kuti brought the full solar-powered force of African music to bear on Central Park Sunday for Okayafrica's Summerstage event–with predictably epic results. Femi came with full small-army horn section and retinue of Queens and was supported by Sinkane, Maimouna Youssef and DJ King Britt–and Okayplayer for life Common even stopped by to bless the stage for a brief cameo. Seher Sikandar has amazing photos (above) and Okayafrica has the story:

      More:
      http://j.mp/10nNMlX