The MTN South African Music Awards

  • akmbirch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 12:30 PM
      African National Congress Press Release

      The MTN South African Music Awards
      Author : Jackson Mthembu

      The African National Congress, together with all South Africans, watched with pride the musical spectacle that was the MTN South African Music Awards (SAMA) on Saturday 11 May 2013.

      We wish to congratulate the organisers and all participants for displaying, for the nation to see in action, the rainbow nation of President Mandela, obvious in all its splendour and promise. The African National Congress believes that with the example set by the SAMAs, South Africa is indeed on its way to build and strengthen a nation united in diversity and celebrating its achievements as one people.

      The African National Congress congratulates all the winners of the evening and salutes the hard work that would have gone into them perfecting their craft to the level where it is recognised by their peers and all South Africans as befitting local and even international accolades.

      We pay tribute to the work of all the Lifetime Achievement Awards recipients – Johannes Kekkorerel, Sizwe Zako and Dr Thomas Chauke. May the work of all South African artists continue to be the binding light that illuminates our path towards a genuinely non-racist and united society.

      Issued by
      Jackson Mthembu
      National Spokesperson
      African National Congress