Mukanya's Concern on Music Piracy: The New Zimbabwean Epidemic

  • akmbirch
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2013
      Mukanya’s Concern on Music Piracy: The New Zimbabwean Epidemic
      By Chris Tongogara
      Published: March 16, 2013

      At an interview in London this week, Thomas “Mukanya” Mapfumo, our US-based Chimurenga music guru expressed dismay on music piracy before a scribe.

      In his own words Mapfumo stated that he had a new album coming up soon but would rather hold the details to his chest up to the last minute before release for fear of looming piracy issues linked to internet activities. His fear of internet pirates is real and is fast rising like notorious predators among us. These are the modern criminals marauding in our cyberspace hoping to prey on anyone who emerges with any kind of interesting work from music, literary works, movies and any creative arts.

      More:
      http://j.mp/11Bk0Zr