African Music! Makaru And Eyezon At Aubergine, Feb. 10, 2012 - Sebastopol, CA

  • Sabrina
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
      Reminder.....African Music This Friday!!! (Aubergene's In Sebastopol)
      Friday, Feb 10, 2012 At Aubergine After Dark Description Makuru
      Featuring: Ousseynou Kouyate
      W/
      Eyezon Nico(sky Country)
      As A People Like US Band

      Makuru - 10:30pm
      MAKURU is an African group with roots in the joyful music of Senegal
      and the bluesy feel of Mali. Featured in this group is Ousseynou
      Kouyate, a former touring singer/dancer with Yousou N Dour and the
      National Ballet of Senegal. This dynamic band blends African melodies
      and rhythms with driving funk beats for an infectious tribal experience
      of pulsing rhythm & dance that no one can resist.
      Ousseynou Koyate (vocals),
      Anastasi Mavrides (guitar),
      Peter Warren (drums),
      Ben Isaacs (bass, tama),
      Mohammed Koyate (djembe, balafon).

      Eyezon & A People Like Us Band - 9:00pm
      African music comes together with California music! South African
      hip-hop artist, Eyezon Soweto's voice adds delicious soul-music texture
      to the NiCO (Sky Country) band's tight blend of funk, experimental jazz
      and psych rock from Nico Georis (keys), Shaun Elley (drums), Matt
      Baldwin (guitar), Peter Arensdorf (bass) and Robin Macmillan and Brett
      Eastman (percussion).

      AUBERGINE AFTER DARK website:
      http://aubergineafterdark.com/site/makuru-eyezon-with-a-people-like-us-b\
      and-12/
      <http://aubergineafterdark.com/site/makuru-eyezon-with-a-people-like-us-\
      band-12/>

    • Alexabirdsong
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2012
        Any groups coming to NYC this July. I have dates open.

        Let me know.

        All good wishes.

        Best regards,

        Alexa

        Sent from my iPhone

        Alexa Rose Birdsong
        450 West 152nd Street, #42
        New York, NY 10031

        "Live life like it's golden, golden, golden..." - Jill Scott

      • mail@yusufsbeat.nl
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2012
          > Any groups coming to NYC this July. I have dates open.
          >
          > Let me know.

          zuluwannsago

        • mail@yusufsbeat.nl
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 27, 2012
            I am Yusuf, a Ghanaian percussionist and bandleader living in Netherlands.
            With my band Zuluwannsago we play afrobeat, funk and
            jazz on festivals and in clubs.
            Here http://www.youtube.com/zuluwannsago [1] you'll find some videos from a Jazz festival
            where we
            performed.
            And this is my website: http://www.yusufsbeat.nl/ [2].
            I also have a profile on myspace: www.myspace.com/zuluwannsago
            [3].
            I hope you'll like my music and that you are interested in booking us.
            Please do let me know what you think about it.
            Thanks
            and greetings,
            Yusuf Nuweku
            Tel. + 31 684123679