African Health Dialogues

  • African Views Newsletter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2011
      Dear colleagues and friends, Starting on July 30th, and every Saturday at 12 Noon Eastern Standard time, African Views Radio will begin to hold regular discussions on health care systems in Africa. The forum is accessible to an infinite number of online audiences live on air and also via podcast. There is also an opportunity for people to call in via phone to participate in the discussions from any part of the world. The title of the program is African Health Dialogues.

      The first show will air on the 30th of July 2011. In this episode, we will explore the status of Healthcare Systems in Africa with respect to the past, the present, and the hopes for the future. In the light of your own expertise and interest in this subject, we believe this episode can serve as a precursor and outreach platform for your upcoming conference at the University of Basel in September 2011. We therefore hope that you will accept our invitation to nominate an expert contributor on the program and also have your other members join in the discussions ABOUT AFRICAN HEALTH DIALOGUES African Health Dialogues is a weekly health care discussion on AV radio about awareness, progress and gaps, costs and accessibility of medical /pharmaceutical products and services within the African and African Diaspora communities Worldwide.

      The program is being facilitated by African Views (AV), Lifescope Africa Foundation (LAF), Medical Journal of Therapeutics Africa (MJoTA), and Phameds International. Objective of the program is to provide health literacy, advocacy, and inspire consensus and leadership roles in improving public health care status in underserved communities

      Host: Dr. Ladi Owolabi
      Host: Dr. Susanna Dodgson
      Producer: Wale Idris Ajibade
      Regular Contributor from the private sector: Mr. Folusho Obe
      Quality control: Professor William A.Verdone

      Sponsors: TBD

      We are very hopeful that you will be able to join us. Your presence or collaboration could make an excellent addition to the Exposition. Here is a link to more information about the program: HYPERLINK "http://www.africanviews.org/index.php/events/viewevent/30-history-of-health-care-systems-in-africa-on-av-radio" http://www.africanviews.org/index.php/events/viewevent/30-history-of-health-care-systems-in-africa-on-av-radio

    • African Views Newsletter
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2011
        African Health Dialogues

        This week's episode of African Health Dialogues focuses on EMS (Emergency Medical Services) in African countries, whether starting in their infancy or up and running.

        What is the experience of those establishing or running and EMS programs in Africa? Does the current model work, do we need to localize it for the African context -- given that there is often differences in availability of medical facilities, welfare provision, accessibility to EMS and trained staff and equipment?

        We hope to spur a renewed awareness of sustainable health initiatives, performance reviews, and the need for networks of physicians' and pharmacists' interests in exchanging information and improving the overall health care services in Africa.

        Please join this discussion live via Skype or phone.
        When: SaturdayAugust 62011 @ 12 noon-1pm Eastern Standard Time

        Skype ID: AfricanViews
        Contributors and Listeners dial-in number: (760) 283-0850

        Co-Host: Dr. Ladi Owolabi Co-Host: Dr. Susanna J Dodgson

        Remember to call in between 12 noon-1pm New York Time. The show will be recorded and Podcast on African Views (AV). Check your calendar, prepare and join us live to let your views count! Audience can listen directly live on: AV Radio or on BT Radio (www.blogtalkradio.com/africanviews)

        ABOUT AFRICAN HEALTH DIALOGUES

        African Health Dialogues is a weekly health care discussion on AV radio about awareness, progress and gaps, costs and accessibility of medical /pharmaceutical products and services within the African and African Diaspora communities Worldwide.

        The program is being facilitated by African Views (AV)Life-Scope Africa Foundation (LAF)Medical Journal of Therapeutics Africa (MJoTA)and Phameds International. Objective of the program is to provide health literacy, advocacy, and inspire consensus and leadership roles in improving public health care status in underserved communities.

        Host: Dr. Ladi Owolabi
        Host: Dr. Susanna J. Dodgson
        Producer: Mr. Wale Idris Ajibade
        Regular Contributor on Private Sector´┐Żs perspective: Mr. Folusho Obe
        Quality control: Mr. William A. Verdone