Funeral Services for Brother Kamau Khalfani today 10am, Paterson, NJ - PIXS In Memoriam

  • P. Sylvie Yonke
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      Kamau Jah Jah (Kevin Lawrence) Khalfani
      December 27th 1960 - February 02nd 2011
      Producer and Host of "The Learning Tree" on NY WBAI 99.5FM Radio Pacifica

      Funeral Service:
      Date:       Monday Feb.14th
      Time:       10:00 am
      Place:      Community Baptist Church of Love
                      535 MLK Jr. Way (formally Broadway)
                      At corner of East 23rd St.
                      Paterson, N.J.

      From New York, take bus 161 or 190 from Port Authorithy Bus Terminal, or bus 171 from George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal, all to the last stop in Paterson (Broadway terminal).

      We have also been informed that the family is still in need of
      financial donations to assist with the cost of these services and
      related expenses. Donations can be sent to:

      Mrs. Alma Lawrence
      505 West Broadway apt # 111
      Patterson, NJ 07522

      In that time is of the essence, those who prefer or who are able to
      drop off their donations please make arrangements by contacting:
      973-942-1681

      As a DJ, Kamau spun the best and most amazing music you would ever want to dance to.

      He was passionate about Music, Africa, his people, the world, fairness and justice for all.

      The Master Listener at work

      Happy among his thousands of friends, family, colleagues, listeners and fans, here celebrating his birthday and Kwanzaa at WBAI radio station in December 2005

      WBAI in 2005 with his birthday sister and colleague, Senegalese-American Fahima Seck from DC WPFW 89.3FM Radio Pacifica, and his ingenious, unique and diverse array of guests from around the world

      Passionate, knowledgeable and analytical. A walking encyclopedia.

      Loving, joyful and generous

      Energizing and smart

      A smile to lit any room and give you hope

      Dear Brother and Friend, Ifatunwase Jah Jah Kamau Kevin Lawrence Khalfani,

      Jamaican, American, African, Garveyite, Yoruba, Veteran, Marine, DJ, Radio and Television Personality, Executive Producer and Host of "The Learning Tree" Radio and TV show, Excutive Producer of the Dred Scott Press News Hour, Social Worker, Community Activist, Africanist, Pioneer, Innovator, Progressive, Forward-thinking, Brilliant, Intellectual, Philosopher, Political, Social and Cultural Analyst, Poet, Performing Artist, Mentor, Loving, Kind, Compassionate, Generous, Intellectual, Amazing, Enduring, Consistent, Unique, Joyful, Kind, Loving, Compassionate,.....

      Dear brother and friend Kamau Jah Jah Khalfani, you were all those things and so much more. There truly are no words to express our sorrow at the sudden news of your passing. May you rest in Perfect Peace in God's Love, and may your family, especially your dear Mom and your son the Prince, and all of us, find consolation in the wonderful memories that we so fortunately shared with you.

      We will miss you deeply and forever,

      Much, much love.
      "Be at Peace"

      Your sister and "Cameroon Queen"
      Paule-Sylvie Njamen Yonke

      Read and find out more about the Great Kamau Khalfani on Myspace and on Facebook.

      Kamau Khalfani and his Prince, now in college

      Lehman College, April 15th 2010 - "Who is Marcus Garvey Salute" - Intergenerational Dialogue on the UNIA (United Negro Improvement Association), and African Communities Leagues - all photos courtesy of Jah Conscious - facebook

      Be at Peace Kamau. Be at Peace. We love you and we thank you for everything and forever.

      Paule-Sylvie Yonke
      Balafon Communications
      Re-branding the image of Africa
      718-884-2565