Reminder Public Forum on Haiti scheduled for November 30th, 6PM (Details enclosed)

  • Wale Idris
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2010
      AFRICAN VIEWS

      INFORMATION | COMMUNICATION | COLLABORATION

      Ladies and Gentlemen

      You are cordially invited to a seminar on Haiti�s progress co-sponsored by Hoboken Library and African Views. We are very excited to be hosting this seminar as we hope it will help us understand where, how, and what progress are being made in Haiti since the disastrous earthquake on January 18, 2010.

      Please note that this seminar is not a fund raising program. Our objective in regards to this forum is to facilitate a progress assessment report on behalf of the public, especially those who are affected emotionally and all who contributed conscientiously in every way possible toward the rescuing and rebuilding of Haiti.

      PROGRAM DETAILS

      Date: November 30th, 2010
      Time: 5:30PM � 8:00 PM

      Address: Hoboken Public Library
      500 Park Avenue
      Hoboken, 07030

      Program schedule: 5:40 PM
      Photography and documentary film presentation on Haiti by New Future Foundation
      6:15 PM
      Presentation of real-time situation and public sentiment in Haiti by:
      Mr. James Dorcely, a native Haitian educator.
      6:50 PM
      Short break
      7:00 PM
      Panel discussion on �Why couldn�t Haiti be rescued?�
      Panelists include: Dr Ron Daniels, Lecturer at York University and president of the
      Institute of the Black World
      Doctors Without Borders
      Lexy Brooks, Yele Haiti Organization
      Bookie Shonuga, African Views Organization
      New Future Foundation
      Mr. James Dorcely

      The event will be open to wider audience participation via teleconference. Please add "AfricanViews" to your Skype to participate in African Views live events. Please help spread this message among colleagues, friends and family! Everyone is invited and everyone has a stake in this! This event will be recorded for a wider TV broadcast. See enclosed flyer for details.