FELA + Kampala Taxi Sessions + Likembe

  • DHALL
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2010
       FELA + Kampala Taxi Sessions + Likembe        1) Fela Audio Biopics
      We recently commemorated Fela's birthday with an audio biopic,
      courtesy of Atlanta-based...Africa-centric...DJ Fourth Wurld of Rhythm
      United. Enjoy your guided tour through the world of Fela: "You no go
      die, unless you won die."

      2) Are Fela! Musical Producers Headed for Trouble?
      It
      was the Notorious BIG who popularized the street-corner axiom: "More
      money, more problems." As the popularity of FELA! swells on Broadway,
      the producers may be in for some unpleasant surprises. Curious minds
      can click
      here.

      3) Kampala Taxi Sessions: Coco Finger
      "Driver,
      yongeza ko!!!" (meaning, “driver, turn the music up!!!" in Luganda).
      It’s Coco Finger’s KILLER hit “My Miss”! Check out this week’s Kampala
      Taxi Sessions by Hillary Muheebwa…and enjoy the ride!

      4) Interview: Likembe's creator and musical curator John Beadle
      While
      Frank Gossner is the King of Voodoo Funk, John Beadle is the reigning
      monarch of African music collecting. The musical curator behind the
      famous blog Likembe has a chat with us about his super-rare collection
      of African music...and more.

      5) AddisTunes on Twitter!

      We're always looking to connect with kindred Tweoples! Come join us on Twitter... let's
      talk music, life, and things that really matter in real time!