WC 2010: It's really over now. Thank you Ghana.

  • P. Sylvie Yonke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 4:09 PM
      Wow. It is really over for good now. Africa is out. Yes, I cried, I must admit. I really cried. I was hoping that we could break the ceiling of the Quarter-finals, and finally move up to at least the Semi-finals. We could have even won the Cup this year in Africa, why not.

      Now I have to go find a Brown team to support. Argentina I guess. I usually have Brazil to fall back on, but not this time.

      Ghana had plenty of chances, countless chances to score, but they kept shooting at the Uruguay goal post and missing.

      The Black Stars dominated the game and connected well with each other, but I missed last Saturday's June 26th team against the USA, with Andre Ayew, then Man of the Match, who couldn't play today because of his 2 yellow cards.

      Uruguay put up a great defense and played well.

      Asamoah Gyan was so weak, it was unreal, although we had seen some of that last Saturday. Even the powerhouse Prince Boateng couldn't score today. Thank God for Sulley Muntari's goal.

      I didn't understand why Gyan even came forward to attempt the miraculous and God-given penalty called in our favor in the last minute of the 30-minute extension. He should have known that today wasn't his day.

      We had the golden chance of scoring 2 to 1 and make History by going to the Semi-Finals, but sure enough Gyan sheepishly and pitifully missed. I would have preferred Prince Boateng to kick that penalty.

      Nevertheless, we are still proud of Ghana and the Black Stars for holding Africa up to the Quarter-finals. We hope that an African team will finally break that ceiling and propel us to the Semi-finals, the Finals and the World Cup.  Sooner than later. Inch Allah.

      Africa did good. We hosted a great and very successful World Cup 2010 so far. We are a good and great people. We will try again in 2014. God Bless Africa!

      Waka.

      Paule-Sylvie Yonke
      Balafon Communications
      Re-branding the image of Africa