1st Guinean election in 4 weeks- we need your help to keep it honest

  • rrothblatt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2010
      The first free, competitive election in Guinean history takes place on June 27. Alliance Guinea, a new grass roots organization of Guineans and non-Guineans, is working hard to promote democracy and civil society in a country known for music... but not for good governance.

      WE can change that. We are putting together a crowdsourcing project that allows Guineans to use their cell phones to report election fraud, civil strife and other important issues. We are helping Guineans become citizen-activists.

      But we need your help to collect all the information. We need volunteers to help gather the information.

      Please join our Facebook group at
      http://bit.ly/bgXATh
      or visit us online at
      www.AllianceGuinea.org

      You can email me directly at Raul (at) JumbieRecords (dot) com.

      The changes in Guinea have been dramatic in the last few months. I'm now finally indulging in optimism, but we REALLY need people to help make sure that the election on June 27 is credible. YOU can help. A LOT.

      Thanks,
      Raul
      Partner, Jumbie Records Artist Management
      Cellist & Manager, Kakande
      Steering Committee, Alliance Guinea