Americo-Liberian Music - Unique Historical Recordings

  • solarlei
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22 7:40 PM
      Hello Everyone,

      Would like to introduce myself. I live in NY and have released a
      CD of 1940's Liberian music. This is not traditional African music as it has strong American influences and is made by Liberia's Americo-Liberian community.

      My new CD is entitle "Songs of the African Coast: Cafe Music of
      Liberia" and includes music recorded in 1949 in Monrovia, Liberia. On the CD are Prof. Howard Hayes, formerly head of music department of Univ. of Liberia, Malinda Jackson Parker, and also a group called the Greenwood Singers. This music was recorded by my late great uncle who later was Consul General at the US Embassy.

      This music was originally released in 1950 on 78rpm as Tribal, Folk and Cafe Music of West Africa and has been sited by music experts around the world as the first high fidelity field recordings from Africa.

      Anyone that would like to listen to this music may go to the following
      websites:

      www.cdbaby.com/ cd/arthuralberts

      or on Amazon at:

      http://www.amazon com/Songs- African-Coast- Music-Liberia/ dp/B000S1MINI/ ref=sr_1_ 1?ie=UTF8& s=music&qid= 1271513191& sr=8-1