Re: Zambian kalindula

  • spamfree@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2001
      I thought I'd just add my thoughts. For those who don't know Kalindula is named after a one-string bass from the northern Luapula province in Zambia.

      I don't know whether any of the big names from 1980's Kalidula are still around - Amayenge, Shalawambe, Zambezi and Julizya. There are the new bands in the Kalindula tradition Mashabe, Makishi, Bwaluka Founders, Majoza, and Junior Melemena Boys.