Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love premieres in NY City on June 12th, 2009

  • osahon.akpata
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2009
      Dear Friends,

      It gives me great pleasure to announce that the new award winning
      documentary film about the multi-platinum superstar, Youssou
      N'Dour: I BRING WHAT I LOVE, is coming to theaters in New York on
      June 12!

      Youssou N'Dour: I Bring What I Love is a music-infused cinematic
      journey about the power of one man's voice to inspire change.
      N'Dour is the highest selling African artist of all time and has
      collaborated with musical superstars like Bono, Neneh Cherry and
      Peter Gabriel. At home in Senegal, the Grammy-award winning
      artist is an inspiration for generations. The film chronicles
      N'Dour, a devout Sufi Muslim, as he releases a deeply personal
      and religious album called Egypt in the hope of promoting a more
      tolerant face of Islam. Almost instantly, his fellow Senegalese
      reject the album, and denounce his actions as blasphemous.
      Director Chai Vasarhelyi follows N'Dour for over two
      years--filming in Africa, Europe, and America--to tell the story
      of how he faces these challenges and eventually wins over
      audiences both at home and abroad.

      Read a recent review from the Wall Street Journal
      http://online.wsj
      com/article/SB10001424052970204456604574206011197846516.html

      Click here to view the trailer
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba49eFI3WsU

      Exclusive New York engagements start Friday June 12

      The Paris Theatre: 4 W 58th Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues)
      Tel: (212) 688-3800ý

      Get tickets online at <http://www.theparistheatre.com>

      IFC Center: 323 Avenue of the Americas (at W. 3rd Street) Tel:
      (212) 924-7771

      Get tickets online at <http://www.ifccenter.com>

      BAM Rose Cinemas: 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11201 Tel:
      (718) 636-4100 Get tickets online at
      <http://www.bam.org/view.aspx?pid=6&g=82>

      One of my greatest frustrations is that many of us often do not
      hear about projects and performances of artists from the
      continent until after the fact. It is like our demographic is
      being ignored or is unquantifiable.

      We need your help to get the word out about one of the most
      important new films about an African! Please mark your calendars
      for the weekend of June 12th as the time to go see the film. Tell
      your friends and colleagues. Opening weekend box office sales are
      CRITICAL, as they determine how wide it will be released across
      the country. In other words, WE NEED TO GET AS MANY PEOPLE AS
      POSSIBLE TO SEE THIS FILM! With your help, we can bring N'Dour's
      inspiring story and positive vision of Africa to the widest
      audience possible!

      Sincerely,

      Osahon Akpata