Zambian kalindula

  • sekayijames@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2001
      What's the latest on Zambian kalindula? Amayenge still going?
      african_music-owner@yahoogroups.com writes:

      african_music@yahoogroups.com

    • spamfree@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2001
        I thought I'd just add my thoughts. For those who don't know Kalindula is named after a one-string bass from the northern Luapula province in Zambia.

        I don't know whether any of the big names from 1980's Kalidula are still around - Amayenge, Shalawambe, Zambezi and Julizya. There are the new bands in the Kalindula tradition Mashabe, Makishi, Bwaluka Founders, Majoza, and Junior Melemena Boys.