June 4-7, 2009, Oakland, CA - Congolese

  • Ms Golden
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2009
      Hello all,

      I wanted to ensure that you mark your calendars for this year's Congolese
      Dance & Drum Festival to take place June 4 - 7, 2009 at the MCCA, 1428 Alice
      Street in Oakland. This year's conference will have a new face-displaying
      some of the Diaspora of the Congo. There will be workshops in Congolese
      Drum & Dance and its Diaspora, such as Haitian, and Cuban Folkloric dance.
      So, please join us as we bring you great local, national, and international
      artists to give you more than just a Taste Of The Congo. This may be the
      last year due to funding so, your support is greatly appreciated. Please
      help us by spreading the word and forwarding this email to all who may be
      interested. All dance workshops: $15 each, drum workshops: $25 each. A
      discount will apply if registration is complete by the pre-registration
      deadline, however, those details to follow at a later date. We look forward
      to seeing you at our festival!

      In Dance,

      CDDF Coordinator