Release of Afro-Jazz CD 'Xelu Sowu'

  • Robert Falk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 3:23 AM
      Hi everybody,

      my new CD is out !

      It is basically the same melting-pot as in 'Muzungu', but Xelu Sowu
      is mostly inspired by the music of West Africa, hence it's title
      (Xelu Sowu means The Spirit of the West in wolof).

      There is some mbalax, yella, mandingo ballad, mutuashi and even a
      congolese samba with a sukus part!

      I play guitar and keyboards, the saxes are played by Pierre Vaiana
      and Phil Leblanc, percussions by Serigne Gueye, Chris Thirion and
      Bilou Donneux, flute by Pierre Bernard and there are also other
      instruments such as oboe, english horn and even hoddu (xalam) by
      Malick Pathe Sow.

      This is jazz, folks, so there is no vocalist ...

      More infos, excerpts, downloads in CD quality (not mp3) and CD orders
      on my site : www.robertfalk.com

      Enjoy !

      Robert Falk