Oakland, CA: Congolese Festival

  • Ms Golden
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24 1:27 AM
      Greetings everyone!

      Now that you plan to attend the workshops and lectures in the Congolese
      Dance & Drum Festival, we want you to plan to attend the performance as
      well! That's right, there is a show this year! Come enjoy a collaborative
      effort of Congolese artists from the East and West Coasts as they assemble
      on one stage, hence the name of the show "MUMVUKA". Artists include TITOS
      SOMPA a.k.a Papa Titos, originator of Congolese Dance to the United States
      and founder of Tanawa Dance Company, the first Congolese Dance Company in
      the states, BIZA SOMPA, Founder and Director of Bichini Bia Congo Dance
      Theatre, and YES, members of Bichini Bia Congo will perform! We will also
      have some our local favorites in M'BAYERO, CONSTANT MASSENGO, and the newest
      artists to the Bay Area VIVIEN BASSOUAMINA and MAKAYA KAYOS! All these
      artists will grace the stage will their wonderful energy, spirit and love
      for the art form. Your support in needed and appreciated to make this
      happen so, come on out and bring a friend, a neighbor, co-worker, relative,
      well, just bring everyone! This show is one night only and is expected to
      sell out so get your tickets NOW!!!!! The attachment shows the places in
      which you may purchase tickets including Africa By the Bay. Tickets can
      also be purchased by mail, if you send a request with the number of tickets
      you would like and a self-addressed stamped envelope to: L. Golden, P.O. Box
      22066, Oakland, CA 94623 by June 2, 2008. (additional flyers will circulate
      soon)

      "MUMVUKA"

      Saturday, June 7, 2008 @ 8:00PM

      Laney College Theater

      900 Fallon Street

      Oakland, CA 94607

      (campus map - http://laney.peralta.edu/apps/page.asp?Q=CollegeMap
      <http://laney.peralta.edu/apps/page.asp?Q=CollegeMap&menutab=1> &menutab=1)

      Advance Tickets - $20/General Door Tickets - $25/Reserved Tickets - $30

      j0192620 "MUMVUKA" j0192620

      Ticket Sales @ dance class locations, NOW! - June 7, 2008

      THURSDAY, MAY 22, 2008

      Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts

      1428 Alice Street, 3rd floor, Oakland, CA 94612

      6:30p - 8:00p

      SUNDAY, MAY 25, 2008

      Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts

      1428 Alice Street, 2nd floor, Oakland, CA 94612

      12:00p - 1:30p

      TUESDAY, MAY 27, 2008

      Dance Mission Theater

      3316 24th Street (directly across from 24th/Mission BART)

      San Francisco, CA 94110

      8:00p - 9:30p

      THURSDAY, MAY 29, 2008

      Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts

      1428 Alice Street, 3rd floor, Oakland, CA 94612

      6:30p - 8:00p

      SUNDAY, JUNE 1, 2008

      Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts

      1428 Alice Street, 2nd floor, Oakland, CA 94612

      12:00p - 1:30p

      SUNDAY, JUNE 1, 2008

      The 418

      418 Front Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060

      11:30a - 1:00p

      TUESDAY, JUNE 3, 2008

      Dance Mission Theater

      3316 24th Street (directly across from 24th/Mission BART)

      San Francisco, CA 94110

      8:00p - 9:30p

      ALSO PURCHASE AT:

      AFRICA BY THE BAY

      3840 Macarthur Blvd., Oakland, CA 94619

      (510) 530-0100

      Advance Tickets - $20, General/Door Tickets - $25

      Reserved Tickets - $30

      Performance @ Laney College Theater, 900 Fallon Street, Oakland, CA 94607

      SATURDAY, JUNE 8, 2008 - 8:00PM

      THANK YOU FOR COMING!!!!!!