Red, Black and Green Flag Campaign

  • Elvia Duque
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2007
      The Woodson Banneker Jackson-Bey/
      Marcus Garvey Study Group

      Introduces……..

      Rally Around the Flag –
      The Red Black & Green Flag Campaign

      To promote solidarity, unity, self-identity and self-respect for people in our Black Communities.

      To participate in the campaign you must display the flag or decal in front of your home, business, organization headquarters, or on your car during following four meaningful dates during the year:

      December 26th The first day of Kwanzaa (Umoja)
      February 1st The first day of Black History Month
      May 19th The Birthday of Malcolm X (Kuzaliwa)
      August 17th The Birthday of the Hon. Marcus Mosiah Garvey

      The three colors symbolizes three common factors that unite our people:
      Red representing the blood that has been shed for our liberation
      Black representing the greatness of our people
      Green representing the importance of reclaiming our homeland Africa

      Please support this campaign and help spread this information.

      Please contact the Marcus Garvey Study Group to identify Black businesses that sell flags and decals.

      We strongly recommended buying flags and decals made by Black businesses.

      Please contact us at 240-498-5133 or garveystudygroup@ yahoo.com.

      The Woodson Banneker Jackson-Bey/ Marcus Garvey Study Group is a coalition of Pan-African organizations and individuals that studies, promotes, and practices African Nationalism.