Help Save Pandora and Internet Radio

  • Tim Westergren - Founder, Pandora
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      Trouble viewing this email?...Click

      Hi, it's Tim from Pandora,

      I'm writing today to ask for your help. The survival of Pandora and
      all of
      Internet radio is in jeopardy because of a recent decision by the
      Royalty Board in Washington, DC to almost triple the licensing fees for
      Internet radio sites like Pandora. The new royalty rates are irrationally
      high, more than four times what satellite radio pays, and broadcast radio
      doesn't pay these at all. Left unchanged, these new royalties will kill
      every Internet radio site, including Pandora.

      Coalition, a group that includes listeners, artists, labels and
      I hope that you will consider joining us.

      Please sign our petition urging your Congressional representative to
      act to
      save Internet radio:

      Please feel free to forward this link/email to your friends - the more
      petitioners we can get, the better.

      Understand that we are fully supportive of paying royalties to the artists
      whose music we play, and have done so since our inception. As a former
      touring musician myself, I'm no stranger to the challenges facing working
      musicians. The issue we have with the recent ruling is that it puts the
      cost of streaming far out of the range of ANY webcaster's business

      I hope you'll take just a few minutes to sign our petition - it WILL
      make a
      difference. As a young industry, we do not have the lobbying power of the
      RIAA. You, our listeners, are by far our biggest and most influential

      As always, and now more than ever, thank you for your support.

      [image: tim_signature.jpg]
      -Tim Westergren
      (Pandora founder)